Monday, February 11, 2008

The Almost Moon

Seriously, I have no time to read! We sometimes don't even have light to read by! But I am reading 'The Almost Moon' by Alice Sebold as part of an external partaking of my parent group reading group. I think they have all read it now, but I shall plod along.

The plot: a woman kills her mother. We know this from the outset. Why she does it, we find out through reading the text. I think there must be something in this for everybody, as we all have the odd flaw in the relationships we have with our own mothers (don't we?). I think this mother was particularly hard on her daughter and might possibly have murdered her husband. I'm not sure, having read only a few chapters so far!

Style: easy to read and LOL hilarious at times (true - maybe I am just a sicko).

Setting: in a house. I think this enclosed setting adds to the haunting nature of the whole thing.

I think I recommend this book. Will let you know when I am finished!

No comments: