Monday, May 7, 2007

Children of Men (film)

Err... as I said today, I am emotionally ambivalent towards this one! It was spooky seeing a possible outcome for the human race in 2027. It was interesting to contemplate a fertility famine (God's ultimate punishment, taking from us what we love most?). Imagine a world without children! For me, when I want so many of my own, this would be disastrous. So it was scary.

Anyway, the main character, Theo (Clive Owen), comes across this pregnant chick (Ki) and he has to save her from some Fujis (fugatives) who are after her baby or something, and help her get to a ship to the human project, or something (i'm foggy on the details). The ship was called "Tomorrow," which I thought was significant.

The film's lighting was dark and the soundtrack was filled with shooting. It is a violent film. The acting was acceptable; I like Julianne Moore and Michael Caine (his character, Jasper, is very entertaining).

I didn't like the ending. **

2 comments:

Chell said...

I actually did like this movie. I had been looking forward to this for a long time so was a little disappointed but overall I enjoyed it because it was very different. I didn't mind the ending. The shooting did seem endless and annoying.

Rebecca said...

I really noticed how dark it was. I couldn't help wondering if this is where the world is headed for 2027. I'll only be 50.