Tuesday, July 3, 2007

De Ja Vu

I watched "de Ja Vu" last night and thoroughly enjoyed it! Denzel Washington played Doug, a very gentle and caring fonrensic investigator. Val Kilmer was in it too, as was a very beautiful woman - I think her name is Erika something.

The story goes that there is an attack on a ferry and lots of people are killed. Doug is sent to investigate. Through some interesting technology he and his team learn that they can change the past. I can't go into any more detail than that.

The film features lots of neutral tones except for Claire, who wears pretty colours. The scenes are fluid and blend to tell the story in an understandable way. The dialogue is clear and Denzel's silky voice is just a pleasure to hear.

I enjoyed the plot and the film was gripping and intriguing. Some of the sci fi parts were over the top - or so I thought until I realised that there are no limits with fantasy and sci fi. Don't get the wrong idea about this film though - it is actually reasonably realistic, not way-out like a lot of films from that genre are.

I really enjoyed this film. *****

No comments: