Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Wolf Creek (R)

Amanda recommended this film to me (as well as Perfume). She painted a picture for me: the backpaker murders. She warned me that this film was so scary my back would probably ache with the sheer suspense of it all. The bloke at my local video store warned me that it would scare the pants off me. The image of a bloodstained brunette on the front cover worried me, so I was quite nervous as I got ready to watch it.

In my opinion, it is not that scary. It is really sad though, what happened to the girls. The graffic scenes are disturbing but the level of violence is not too terrible ... in my opinion. I find it harder to fathom that anybody could be so cruel. It scares me that this dude is still out there. We have so much faith that our national protection will actually protect us. That somebody could hunt down a person is really quite awful.

I will watch this film again, because there are hints throughout that can help us understand the story better. Krissy's laughter really annoyed me. I liked Liz. I thought that Ben was ok - cute but annoying in some ways. That he survives (this is based on true events) is a miracle.

Recommended viewing for those who are not easily freaked ***

No comments: